This guide on no hardware version found or BMMiner applies to all auto-frequency Bitmain Antminer S9 and T9 series.
The mining program has not yet started mining if the miner overview screen does not display any hardware version or BMMiner version.
Or you see such an error in your miner’s kernel log
bmminer not found, restart bmminer ...
Download and reload the firmware at our Antminer S9 Firmware page:
Following firmware loading, run the miner for 20 minutes.
After reloading the firmware, check the following:
1. Verify the settings and URLs for your mining pool very thoroughly. They are located on the tab for miner configuration. Any error, such as misspellings or spaces in the pool URLs, can result in this.
This may occur if there is a problem connecting to the mining pools, so make sure your miner is connected to the mining pools as well.
2. Check to see if your network and internet are stable. The majority of users are not aware that this error could be brought on by their network settings or router configurations. You may use the Ping button under the “Network” and then “Diagnostic” to make sure your miner can receive data.
3. On the front and back fans, check the voltage. Switch the front and back fans if the front fan displays a lower voltage.
Read the kernel log for “Fatal Error: some Fan lost or Fan speed low”. The fans may experience problems, according to this message. Test, then swap out with a functional set.
4. Reset the miner
5. Disconnect each hash board from the control board and the power supply unit. With only the control board connected, restart the miner. We must swap out the control board if the error message persists.
6. If all the steps above still can’t solve the problem, create a repair ticket and return the whole miner to us for repair
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.