This manual provides an overview of the BITMAIN Antminer S9i server, demonstrates how to set up, configure, monitor, and administer the server, and also introduces the necessary environmental conditions.
Table of Contents
1. Bitmain Antminer S9i Overview
Note: You must provide your own ATX power supply.
1.2 Antminer S9i Server Components
The Antminer S9i server main components and controller front panel are shown in the following figure:’
1.3 Antminer S9i Server Specifications
|Hash Rate||S9i-13 TH/s. 13.5 TH/s. 14 TH/s. 14.5 TH/s|
|Power Consumption||1290 W (13 TH/s) 1310 W (13.5 TH/s) 1320 W (14 TH/s) 1365 W(14.5 TH/s)|
|Power Efficiency||99 l/TH (13 TH/s) 97 )/TH (13.5 TH/s) 94 )/TH (14 TH/s) 94.14 l/TH (14,5 TH/s)|
|Rated Voltage||11.60 -13.00 V|
|Network connection mode||Ethernet|
|Operating temperature||0 – 40 °C|
|Storage temperature||-40 – 85°C|
|Operating humidity||5C5RH-95C5RH. No condensation|
|Product weight (without package)||4.2 kg|
|Product dimensions||350mm(L) x 135mm(W) x 158mm(H)|
2. Connecting to the Power Supply
Ten PCI-e connectors are located at the top of the Antminer S9i server for connecting the PSU as follows:
- Nine PCI-e connectors for the hash boards. Each hash board has three PCI e connectors.
- One PCI-e connector located on the controller.
Note: Each hash board must be powered by the same PSU to prevent possible damage and instability.
To connect the power supply:
1. Connect PSU power cable connectors to each of the nine PCI-e connectors on the top of the Antminer S9i server, ensuring that each hash board is powered by the same PSU.
2. Front fan (intake fans); B. Rear fan (exhaust fans); C. Miner model; D. Serial number (SN) of miner, to review warranty status; E. Estimated hash rate of miner model; F. Rear fan connector; G. Front fan connector; H. Chain #8 connector; I. Chain #7 connector; J. Chain #6 connector; K. 6-pin power connector; L. Control board chain connector; M. 6-pin power connector
3. Connect a PSU power cable connector to the Antminer S9i PCI-e connector on the controller.
4. Connect the network cable to the ETH port.
5. To power up your Antminer S9i server, connect the PSUs to the power wall outlet.
Note: If you are using more than one PSU, power up the PSU connected to the controller AFTER you have Powered up the other PSU(s).
3. Setting Up Bitmain Antminer S9i Server
To set up the server:
The file IP Reporter.zip is supported by Microsoft Windows only.
1. Download the following file: IPReporter.zip
2. Extract the file. The default DHCP network protocol distributes IP addresses automatically.
3. Right‐click IPReporter.exe and run it as Administrator.
4. Select one of the following options:
- Shelf, Step, Position – suitable for farm servers to mark the location of theservers.
- Default – suitable for home servers.
5. Click Start.
6. On the controller board, click the IP Report button. Hold it down until it beeps (about 5 seconds).
The IP address will be displayed in a window on your computer screen.
7. In your web browser, enter the IP address provided.
8. Proceed to login using root for both the username and password.
9. In the Network section, you can assign a Static IP address (optional).
10. Click Save & Apply.
4. Configuring Bitmain Antminer S9i Server
Setting Up the Pool
To configure the server:
1. click General Settings. (Here takes Antminer S9i-14T running under the firmware with “Normal” mode as an example)
2. Set the options according to the following table:
|Pool URL||Enter the URL of your desired pool|
Note: The Antminer S9i server can be set up with three mining pools, with decreasing priority from the first pool (pool 1) to the third pool (pool 3). The pools with low priority will only be used if all higher priority pools are offline.
|Worker||Your worker ID on the selected pool.|
|Password||The password for your selected worker.|
3. Click Save & Apply to save and restart the server.
5. Monitoring Bitmain Antminer S9i server
To check the operating status of your server:
1. Click the status marked below. (Here takes Antminer S9i-14T running under the firmware with “Normal” mode as an example)
2. Monitor your server according to the descriptions in the following table:
|ASIC||Number of chips detected in the chain.|
|Frequency||ASIC frequency setting.|
|GH/S(RT)||Hash rate of each hash board ( GH/s)|
|Temp(PCB)||Temperature of each hash board (°C).(Applied only to server with fixed frequency)|
|Temp(Chip)||Temperature of the chips on each hash board (°C).|
|ASIC status||One of the following statuses will appear: o O – indicates o X – indicates error o – indicates dead|
Note: The Antminer S9i server is with automatic frequency. Firmware will stop running when the Temp (PCB) reaches to 90℃，there will be an error message “Fatal Error: Temperature is too high!” shown in the bottom of kernel log page.
6. Administering Bitmain Antminer S9i Server
6.1 Checking Your Firmware Version
To check your firmware version:
- In System, click the Overview tab.
- File System Version displays the date of the firmware your server use. In the example below, the server is using firmware version 20190730
6.2 Upgrading Your System
Note: Make sure that the Antminer S9i server remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails before the upgrade is completed, you will need to return it to Bitmain for repair.
To upgrade the server’s firmware:
1. In System, click Upgrade.
2. For Keep Settings:
- Select the check box to keep your current settings (default).
- Clear the check box to reset the server to default settings.
3. Click the (Browse) button and navigate to the upgrade file. Select the upgrade file, then click Flash image. A message appears notifying you if the Antminer S9i firmware can be upgraded and if yes, will then proceed to flash the image.
4. When the upgrade is completed, the following message appears:
5. Click one of the following options:
- Reboot – to restart the server with the new firmware.
- Go Back – to continue mining with the current firmware. The server will load the new firmware next time it is restarted.
6.3 Modifying Your Password
To change your login password:
- In System, click the Administration tab.
- Set your new password, then click Save & Apply.
6.4 Restoring Initial Settings
To restore your initial settings
- Turn on the server and let it run for 5 minutes.
- On the controller front panel, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
Note: Resetting your server will reboot it and restore its default settings. The red LED will automatically flash once every 15 seconds if the reset is operated successfully
7. Bitmain Antminer S9i Environmental Requirements
Please run your server in accordance with the following requirements
7.1 Basic Environmental Requirements:
|Operating Humidity||10-90%RH (non-condensing)|
Site Requirements of the Server Running Room:
Please keep the server running room away from industrial pollution sources:
For heavy pollution sources such as smelters and coal mines, the distance should be more than 5km.
For moderate pollution sources such as chemical industries, rubber and electroplating industries, the distance should be more than 3.7km.
For light pollution sources such as food factories and leather processing factories, the distance should be more than 2km.
If unavoidable, the site should be chosen in the perennial upwind direction of the pollution source.
Please do not set your location within 3.7km from the seaside or the salt lake. If unavoidable, it should be built as airtight as possible, equipped with air conditioning for cooling.
Electromagnetic Environmental Conditions:
Please keep your site away from transformers, high-voltage cables, transmission lines and high-current equipment, for example, there should be no high-power AC transformers (>10KA) within 20 meters, and no high-voltage power lines within 50 meters.
Please keep your site away from high-power radio transmitters, for example, there should be no high-power radio transmitters (>1500W) within 100 meters.
7.2 Other Environmental Requirements
The server running room shall be free of explosive, conductive, magnetically conductive and corrosive dust. The requirements of mechanical active substances are shown below:
Requirements of Mechanical Active Substances
|Mechanical Active Substance||Requirement|
|Dust (suspended)||<= 0.2mg/m3|
|Dust (deposited)||<=1.5mg/m2 h|
Requirements of Corrosive Gas
Note: ppb (part per billion) refers to the unit of concentration，1ppb stands for the volume ratio of part per billion.