Download the newest Bitmain Antminer S9 SE firmware here. Release date: 2019-09-23
- Improve temperature data correctness.
- Remove boot.bin and etc files, enhancing the reliability of the upgrade.
- Enhance anti-virus capability.
- Use new build tools to build firmware.
- If upgrading the firmware through no keeping configuration file, it is needed to configure the miner account and miner pools to mine, otherwise (Upgrading through using keeping configuration file), it is no need to configure the miner and miner pools using previous miner settings to mine.
How to update the Bitmain Antminer S9 SE firmware?
Download the Bitmain Antminer S9 SE firmware above. To download the firmware using either Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
Do not open the firmware file. Download it to a convenient file location on your PC or laptop. If your computer is a Mac, disable the setting that automatically opens the file.
Go to your miner interface and go to System > Upgrade. Click “Browse” to find the file and “Flash” to load the file.
Keep the miner powered on and running while the firmware loads, and for 20 minutes after. It will show “System Upgrade Success” if the upgrade is successful.
Bitmain Antminer S9 SE Firmware troubleshoot
1. I flashed my S9 Miner with new firmware all works fine so far but I cant login in to the miner with the default “root” “root”. There was no password.txt in the files so all should be fine.
Try password: admin or you can use the reset button to restore the factory.
2. I’ve tried to load new firmware and just get the error “Cannot find signature!!!”
- You can try the instructions as below :
Clean the dust for the antminer
Upgrade to the latest firmware to try
Change a PSU
Flash the SD card program to recover the control board
Firmware Version Type Description
1. the firmware version type, in the bottom middle of the backend interface of the miner, as shown in Figure 1 below.
2. The normal firmware type we received should be: Release type, as shown in Figure 2 below. this is the official version firmware on our website. If your version is not of this type, please upgrade the official website firmware in time.
3. The current frequent non-Release type is Factory, as shown in Figure 3 below. this type of firmware is usually used for factory testing, generally can not change the mining pool miners, if your version is Factory type, please promptly upgrade the official website of the latest firmware.
*Note: There are many types of firmware, but the client should use Release, if not this type, please upgrade the official website firmware directly, so as not to affect the use of the mining machine.
Why Do We Need to Update the Firmware?
We are all aware that science and technology, including firmware, are constantly being improved through iteration. With the aid of a firmware update, the mining device can have some features added and can become more effective.
These firmware updates could result in mining operations using less electricity.
Some firmware updates may also increase the processing power of the miner. The same machine can be given more processing power by updating the firmware. The mining profits of miners can increase thanks to this firmware.
Additionally, firmware is available to enhance high-temperature protection, restart, and other procedures. for miners. The dependability and stability of the miner can be improved by using such firmware.
The firmware is effective, but not all firmware updates can be completed quickly. As soon as miners realized a specific firmware could significantly increase computing power, they downloaded and updated the machine’s firmware regardless of the source. As a result, the device operates erratically and may even result in mining device contamination and computing power theft. The official firmware that was provided with the mining machine should always be used, according to this.
What is the Security Firmware?
To safeguard the interests of ANTMINER users, the security firmware was created. Every feature from the previous version is present in the firmware. By disabling SSH access, you can more effectively stop unauthorized attempts to hack miners, block the spread of viruses, and protect your mining from remote attacks.
How to Distinguish the Security Firmware?
Know which one is the security firmware via the following ways:
- The file name of the security firmware ends with a sig.
- After the security firmware is reloaded, SSH access will be turned off.
What Are the Functions of the Security Firmware?
The primary distinction between security firmware and regular firmware is that SSH connection is not possible with security firmware because firmware signatures are present and SSH access is disabled.